WE LOOKIN FOR THE CREWS! Get ready to go head-to-head on the KĀOS stage for the chance to win the grand prize of $50,000!
We're looking for the hottest crews from around the world to register and show us what they got. Impress the judges and expect crowd reactions and virtual votes to factor into the scoring. There will be cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, but the champions will walk away with a massive $50,000 grand prize!
Rules and Regulations for KĀOS Crew Showdown
Crews that wish to compete for Crew Showdown at AFTERMATH 2024 must prequalify at a regional event during the 2023-2024 season.
- All participants must prequalify at a 2023-2024 regional event.
- All participants must register for the workshop in order to compete.
- Participants are only allowed to compete with one crew
- All ages are as of January 1, 2024.
To reach the average age of an entry, add all the ages together and divide by the number of dancers in the entry. When averaging ages always DROP THE DECIMAL POINT. For example, if a routine averages to an age of 12.7, you would drop the decimal, therefore the routine would compete in the 11-12 yr. old age category.
The average age of each entry must not drop more than one age division below the age of the oldest dancer in the entry, regardless of the actual average age.
Example: an entry contains dancers ranging in age from 9-17, the entry may not compete younger than the 13-15 age category (one division younger than the oldest dancer-17).
Any routine with a dancer 21 years of age or older must compete in the Open age division (20+) regardless of the average age of the routine.
Routines are allowed to "age up" (compete in an age category higher than the average age).
Names and ages of all dancers must appear on the entry form or it will not be accepted. All competing dancers must be prepared to present proof of age should a question arise.
- Crew Requirements
- Crews must consist of a minimum of 4 members. The deadline for competition changes is 3 weeks prior to the convention. No changes will be accepted after this date.
- Each crew must upload their music to their dance360 account at least one week before the competition.
Audio files are accepted in MP3, WAV, M4A or AIF format only, up to 50 MB each. We recommend MP3 format.
Although we MUCH prefer music being uploaded prior to the event, we will still accept music at the event on a Flash Drive if absolutely necessary.
If submitting a Flash Drive at the event, please note that audio files are accepted in MP3, WAV, M4A or AIF format only, up to 50 MB each. We recommend MP3 format.
All Flash Drives must be submitted to the registration desk onsite. All Flash Drives will be imported and run through a computer system at competition.
Whether uploading your music or bringing a Flash Drive to the event, ALWAYS have a back-up in another format (like an iPod/iPhone) just in case!
If playing your music off your phone, please make sure the song is imported into your iTunes or media player. We will NOT be able to play any songs from an email or off the internet.
Crews and soloists must have a backup copy of their music on a USB drive in case of technical issues.
Music tracks must be clean and free from explicit or offensive content.
Music tracks should not exceed 3 minutes in duration. A 10-second grace period is allowed for setup.
- Participants should wear appropriate attire that meets our family friendly standards.
- Footwear must not damage the stage.
- Performance Order
- The performance order is determined by a schedule created by KĀOS management.
- Time Limit
- Performances must adhere to the specified time limit, including setup and teardown time.
- Behavior and Sportsmanship
- Participants must conduct themselves in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
- Any form of harassment, bullying, or unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification.
- Safety is a top priority. Moves or stunts that pose a risk to the participants or the audience are strictly prohibited.
- The dance floor must be kept clear of any debris or hazards.
- First aid and emergency medical personnel will be on standby during the competition
- Violation of any of these rules and regulations may result in disqualification.
- Disqualified participants or crews may be asked to leave the event premises and will not receive a refund.
- Awards will be given for various categories.
- Award categories and prizes will be determined by the judges, KĀOS management and sponsors.
- Changes to Rules
- KĀOS management reserve the right to make changes to the rules and regulations as necessary.
- KĀOS Management Contact
- Participants with questions or concerns may contact the event organizers at email@example.com
Judges may stop a number in progress and request that it be repeated. If KĀOS equipment fails, the crew may choose to continue or to re-do the number. If the performers' equipment fails, excluding music tapes, the performance must continue or may be withdrawn.
All numbers must appear according to their scheduled sequence unless a KĀOS Stage Manager grants permission otherwise. Numbers failing to perform within ten routines of their scheduled time may be disqualified.
Competing dancers should be ready 30 minutes prior to their scheduled competition time. If the competition is running ahead of schedule, you will be expected to perform.
Timely postmarks do not guarantee acceptance of entries. Entries are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Competition is limited to time available.
All attendees authorize the use of their images in photos and video for all advertising or promotional purposes for KĀOS.
Routines can request one power source backstage if they need to plug in and power a prop used for a routine.
If an event is cancelled (due to COVID-19 or any other reason), refunds will be made within 10 days of the event. No refunds if attendee cancels. If a dancer is unable to attend, a credit voucher will be issued towards a future KĀOS event.
By participating in the Crew Showdown, all participants agree to abide by these rules and regulations. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification and other consequences as determined by KĀOS Management.